Thursday, February 14, 2008

A LOVE story....

A little less than a year ago I decided to get away for a much needed retreat....I headed out to my cousins house out in the country and spent a couple days out there.

While out there I was laying in the grass one day near their pond looking up at the beautiful sky and just started dreaming....thinking of everything that God wanted me to do! All of a sudden after praying a little bit I had an idea!! A MUCH needed photographer's personality workshop!! No no no! I swore I would NEVER do a workshop...(I thought they were overrated...)

I then went inside and was reading in one of my absolute favorite books about how the author was considering not writing it because he thought there was an over abundance of books! So this one would just be another duplicate! NO! God had given HIM something specific that would help tons of people out and he had to share it and not back down! I decided then that I probably should run with it! I didn't quite know where to start though!

A couple months later my incredible friend Mary Marantz emailed me saying she had been thinking ALLL morning how we should do a workshop together! I emailed her back wondering what her thoughts were about it...like what we would want to cover and such...she emailed back and to my amazement covered the same things that had been put on my heart months ago plus some more! I knew her and her husband Justin were the perfect fit for this especially because of their incredible and infectious personalities!

SOOO we are doing it!! YAY!! Basically we are going to be covering a TON of areas...how to really show your love to your clients through: how to interact with them at the shoot, how to bring out their real beauty, to them becoming your friends, and how to fall more in LOVE with what you do...AND so much more!!
I think it was absolutely perfect too that 2 months ago right when we started planning this my friend DJ ran survey on the importance of YOUR personality on his forum and the statistics were incredible!! Check it out **HERE**
Also.....duh duh duh.....the BRAND NEW....SPREAD THE LOVE WEBSITE!!! www.spreadtheloveworkshop.com
....and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! I love you all!

6 comments:

Emily DeWan Photography said...

Wow! How incredible, Sarah!

Andrew PC Smith said...

Happy Valentines Day friend! I'm excited about the conference. Sounds amazing. Any chance I could get a ticket out there to film? Haha. But if so, let me know quick, cause my schedule is filling up fast..

Gloria said...

Thats oober kool!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! Dave and I are so excited to be a part of this!
-Nancy (and Dave)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I know you don't know me from Eve, but I just wanted to say that you are such an inspiration in my life. I love coming to your blog, for the photography, for the fellowship & for the personal stories.

This sounds somewhat creepy, but I could see us being close friends if we lived near one another.

Anyway, I wanted you to know that I keep you (and your family) in my prayers and and without purposefully doing so (or maybe you are, I don't know!), you're encouraging strangers!

Sarah Barlow said...

Hey Evancalous(I think your name is Sarah too?? I checked out your blog..)!! Thank you for the encouraging note and for the prayers!! Hopefully someday we will meet and become friends!
:) Have a fun day!