Monday, September 01, 2008

Taking the jump.....into a new season!


Hey Everyone!! This post will be a very good explanation for the lack of posts the past week!...ha!
Ever since I was about 10 and got majorly into music...not just the music my mom would listen to but finding my own tastes, I've been obsessed with Nashville! My Grandparents and family live down there so we would visit a lot and I would always be on the hunt for my favorite artists never actually seeing any of them but wanting to move down there so that I could be "friends" with them! You know the dreams of a 10 year old! lol! After growing up more and realizing that they truly were just normal people I got over my stalkingish faze...thankfully! After years of really pursuing my business and new sisters being born I was pretty thankful I lived where I did..in Chicago. Then about 2 years ago I started getting the Nashville bug again....loving the mild winters, the mountains, the southern charm, and the MUSIC! I guess being a Barlow that comes with the name...;) I've been really into wanting to shoot band photography as my next venture as some of you have probably seen on my blog! I LOVE it...love love love it! Just the creativity that can be incorporated into it is so much fun and SO me!
I looked at my calendar several weeks ago and realized that it was pretty open for the next several months....so I was like why wait??? I really do feel a calling down there and feel like God is really directing my steps down there...which is amazing! I had a concert planned there at the beginning of September that I was planning on going to and several people were like....Why don't you just pack your bags and go down there then?? I prayed about it and really got peace about it, plus my dad totally confirming it and telling me to do it......so I started pursing it and got THE place I had been wanting for the past year! They just finished building this place downtown Nashville in the artsiest area(their building an Urban Outfitters across the street...how much more artsy could you get??) called The Gulch....I determined I wouldn't get the place unless it had a skyline view of Nashville....I know I'm picky but if you spent most of the day at your house you would understand:) The best skyline view condo came available and God provided sooo much for all the doors to open up to get it!!! AHHHHHHH! Soooo I'm moving in on Sunday...yes...like THIS Sunday! It's amazing and scary but I know that when God is leading he is not going to just leave me there....but He is just taking me up higher in trusting Him even more! My family is actually super excited and completely for this which is amazing as we are super tight knit...but my dad's(and his dad's)motto has always been train them up and send them out! We are all sad too...but I will be 10 minutes away from the airport and Southwest is only $49 bucks to fly back home so I'm sure to still see everyone a lot!!
I'm still totally going to be shooting weddings a lot but thankfully I'm shooting more and more out of state so I can practically live wherever! It's perfect!!
Ok...off to packing up my life! :)

32 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

HOLY MOLY!!!! That's SO amazing!! I'm soooo proud of you and excited for you. ANNNNNNND I wanna come visit!! Oooh we totally have to go to the pancake pantry!! YUM! Wooo hooo for big adventures and the incredible Miss Barlow!!

Love you SOOOO much!
xoxo
M:)

Test said...

That's great! I LOVE Nashville!!

I can't wait to hear what God has for you.
Love,
heather

jamiedelaine said...

Even though I already knew this, another big congrats!! :) $49 bucks? Woah, that's a sweet deal. You could come home for a weekend every month! :) Best of luck girlie. Praying for you.

Shannon said...

such exciting news Sarah! congrats and can't wait to see what you do in Nashville!!!

KK said...

Sarah--

This is Kristy from the gym--just checking up on how you're doing and am SOOO excited for your news!! What a courageous and exciting move for you. I can't wait to hear how everything goes for you!! Your faith and trust in God was and continues to be an inspiration for me.

Ana Rebeca Contreras said...

OMG Sarah!!!!!!!!
I remember you, Laura and I talking about this back in June...how exciting to see how God has granted you a wish from your heart............I can't wait to see all the new adventures that come up in Nashville......... I need to come visit you at your new place :D YAY!!!

Nate and Arancha Photography said...

Hey Sarah! Just wanted to tell you that we love your work and that you've been a great inspiration for our business! Your work is awesome! ;)
We love Nashville too, we hope you enjoy it there!
God is so good :)

sara d harper said...

I am sooo excited for you Sarah! I know it's going to be an amazing adventure!!! I love Nashvegas just as much as you do and I miss it everyday! I will be there next week so I will call you! I can help you move in on sunday too if you want!! I'll call you friday or saturday to make plans!!! Love ya and SEE YOU SOON!!!!!! Yay for Nashville!!!!

Stacy Cross said...

Yay, Sarah! So proud of you, friend!

Shyla said...

uhhhh, need a roomate??

;)

Anonymous said...

sarah that's awesome! give a shout if you need a home cooked meal or want to hang out with a toddler to make it feel more like home.

Manon said...

oh how cool. that sounds just like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah! Thats so exciting! I'm so happy for you. :)

Emily DeWan Photography said...

How awesome Sarah! I'm so excited for you!

Sarah Barlow said...

Thank you all sooo much!! I am VERY excited about this new season! I can't wait either to see what God does!

Mary! You HAVE to come visit! I still haven't been to Pancake Pantry so we'll totally have to go together!! MISS YOU!!

Jamie...I know...isn't that unreal! I'll be home a lot I guess! ha!

Kristy!! aww! So wonderful to hear from you!! I hope things are going AWESOME in Milwaukee!
Thank you so much for the encouragement!! Miss you!!

Ana....you BETTER be up here soon!! I miss you! I'm talking Laura into taking the jump too;)

Nate and Arancha! Thank you so much! Hope to meet you both sometime down there!

Sara!! YAY!!! Nashville here we come!! Totally can't wait to see you!

SHYLA.....ready and waiting!! :) lol!! :)

Alison! hahah!! I might have to take you up on that something!! I'm excited!! :)

Dawn B said...

wow! I'm been stalking your blog for awhile now, and left a couple comments.....I live in Nashville (actually in Smyrna..same same!), so I recognised that building. Actually I saw the "Bat Man" building in the background! How cool is that? Best of Luck!

|| davidjay || said...

OH YEA!!! So awesome! Can you imagine this was just a dream a short time ago and now you're doing it!!!!

Can't wait to see you there!!!

Cassie Schott said...

WOW! Sarah that is so AWESOME! Congratulations, and I can't wait to see where your life takes you next! :)

jcrew_love said...

Sarah, congratulations on your big move!! I'm so excited for you as you start your journey in Nashville! Contine to hold onto your faith & know that He has an awesome plan for you!!!

d'art photographie said...

AHHHH. more excited for you everyday! I kind of hyperventilated when I watched the Asian themed slideshow. Black/Red/Taupe are this season's colors! seriously, though I cannot wait for the rooftop cookout and hanging out in the ville with you. we will be neighbors before you know it! love ya.

emma jean said...

That is sooo awesome, Sarah!! Congratulations!!! :)

Sarah Barlow said...

Dawn!! Yeah! Oh that's exciting! We'll have to to meet up sometime! :)

DJ....I KNOW! Sooo crazy! God is amazing how fast he moves! Can't wait for you to see the place:)

CASSIE you MUST come down to Nashville....you and your new hot blog self! ;)

Laura!! HAHAHHAHA!!! omg! YES....isn't that the greatest! lol!! Oh man...that day was crazy.....so you like the taupe touches ey?? Can't wait to be neighbors either! Heck just get the place right next to me! :)

Anonymous said...

Cograts on the new place!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and wow!

Can't wait to see a photo tour of your new place as well as the gorgeous pics you'll have of Nashville!

Cait said...

Dude, I know it's a tad late, but OMG! I am soooooooooooo excited for you! I remember how much you talked about Nashville being the desire of your heart and now look how God has provided! We serve an awesome God. Thanks so much for calling me and giving me the great news personally; I turned kinda spastic after we hung up. :D

So I love you and I can't wait to see your place (and the sushi place across the street!). Plus also I miss you TOO MUCH! See you soon, my friend!

Carley Rene said...

Wow! I bet that must be so exciting for you! I'm sure God has alot in store for you!
By the way, did you take that picture?

Carley

Bekah said...

This is so exciting!! I'm so happy for you! It's so awesome to see God working in your life. I can't wait to see what He's going to do with you in down there.

P.S. Welcome to the south!:)

Priscilla said...

I'm so excited for you! Although we will miss you here in Chicago! Maybe I should plan a visit, never been to Nashville! :) Congrats!

Lindsay said...

You're moving to Nashville? Wow! That's awesome. I've seen them building the apartment you're going to live in. I love the Nashville skyline, especially the Batman building. Maybe I'll see you around. Congrats on the big move!

Danette said...

goodness i'm late on congratulating you about this, but I'm so happy for you! I'll be praying for you and your fam through this awesome transition and new season of life! How stinkin' exciting!

Sarah Barlow said...

Hey Carley! Thank you so much! I wish I took that picture but nooo...Google images is great;)

Priscilla!! You most definitely need to plan a trip down here!! You would LOVE it! :)

Danette!!! Thank you so much for your prayers! They've helped so much! Love you!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!