Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Laying out the.... green.... carpet???

In growing up whenever we would pray before going someplace we would always pray that God would lay out the red carpet before us...basically go before us and prepare the way and in that he would always astound us amazingly in the way He would provide! It was such a great lesson that I still implement in my prayers a lot of times and it's been incredible to watch God work wonders!! For instance soooo many things down here he has done amazingly to just nail in my confidence of being down here more and more!
Probably one or the coolest was right when I got here and stepped out onto my balcony during the day fireworks started going off right in front of me!! Pretty much the best welcome to Nashville I could get! lol! So many other things have happened that this post could go on and on but my high yesterday happened when my grandma and I decided to go furniture shopping....we went to about 8 different stores and picked out a few things that I might get...but then headed over to a huge rug sale that my grandma had heard about! We get there to find out this is the last day and it was closing in an hour! I finally after walking around the HUGE store find a sweet rug that I wanted....finding no price tag I ask the guy who was working the place how much he would give it to me for? He's like if you take it right now...$40...totally room size rug that would completely be at least $400 anywhere else! I was then on a high and found one for my room same story same price! And then price tags on everything else were definitely way more too! Last one again...but this time I was being the great daughter that I am and bought one for my parents! :) hehe! Sooo I totally walked out of the place with at least $1500 worth of rugs for $120! I really felt like a thief! lol! Sooooo I guess yet again God rolled out the....red...more like green carpet!

9 comments:

Ana Rebeca Contreras said...

Great story my friend!!

Cait said...

WOW! God is so good to bless in little, yet special ways. I love the last green one! It's gorgeous! PS How sweet that you went with your grandma! :)

Naomi Elle Schwartz said...

God is SOO awesome in how He takes care of His children! I've been experiencing His provision in the last week in the coolest of ways.. I'm buying a house right now, and a termite problem mysteriously disappeared and so many details have come together in a miraculous way... God is good! :)

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

The view is awesome!!! At least you are close enough to fly home once in a while! My oldest plans to go to college next year, only 45 mins away but I am already thinking how hard it will be to wake up day after day and her not be here...yep, we raise them to be independent!
Congrats on the move and the new life! BTW, the carpet analogy was great!

Sarah Barlow said...

Amethyst! I know it's soooo true!! What an incredible story for you too!! That's amazing! He really is so good:)

Pen to Paper....:) Yeah I'm so excited at how easy I can get home! That will be a big transition for you my mom definitely cried before I left but the phone and ichat are amazing!! :)

emma jean said...

You might want to update your Chicago profile to a Nashville profile :)

Bekah said...

Ok so I LOVE those rugs! It's awsome how God is blessing you in such cool ways!

Anonymous said...

Wow, god really provides even when you least expect it.

jamiedelaine said...

i read this when you posted it, but didn't comment..but i'm bored right now, so i am re-reading your blog. :) thanks for sharing; i was just telling Nat the other day how much God is blessing me in small, tangible ways each day as I make it purposeful to draw close to him. pretty great, i just realize how much love he has for us, and how much he just '"can't hold it back" some weeks it seems! :)