Friday, September 21, 2007

Growing up and growing pains...

The past month has just been out of this world insane but incredible at the same time...of course that makes sense at 1 in the morning when I'm writing this! lol! Anyways I have in the past couple weeks REALLY been having to grow up which is always hard because I want to be like Peter Pan and never grow up...especially since I still feel like I'm 12! hehe! Making giant decisions on my own and having to figure things out by myself is weird.
I feel like I always jump back and forth never being able to make up my mind...like for instance..today I went to look at houses and had a meeting with a mortgage broker having to act older than I am but then tonight am sitting in a college dorm with my best friend Sarah and her friends playing the wii, watching Highschool Musical, listening to Hanson and just vegging till all hours of the night! I just don't know how I feel about this! I guess I will just come to a comfortable adult version of the kid that I still am??
Totally just rambling tonight but some interesting things that I've been thinking about! I think I've come to the decision though that I will still never really grow up no matter how old I get or the things I have to do!! :)

14 comments:

J@KE said...

I'm with you... I think we can be very mature but at the same time not loose that child-likeness that Jesus talks about. Anyway that's what I'm going for....

J@KE

Anonymous said...

I know how ya feel :(
I feel so old sometimes, and sometimes I feel so young. It can get kinda confusing, especially when Im at work. But I really do enjoy my life a lot right now :)
Im at a good age

Krystal Mann :: Mint & Sage said...

You don't have to "grow up". My grandfather is 77 and he still acts like a kid! He just enjoys life and that's a wonderful thing!

Holritz Photography said...

Love how you describe the growing up process! Congrats on looking for a house, and for following through on your goals!

- N

BethLaurren said...

Being a grown up isn't always fun. You have to fight for the balance of finding pleasure in the "grown-upness" of life.

I miss you. Buy your house and come home, k?

Anonymous said...

Yeah Sarah,
I still feel like I'm 12 too!
But I'm taller than a 20 year old!
Marky

The City Girl said...

I have total Peter-Pan complex!
And I just saw that you were in town-I really wish I could have met you! Next time;)

jamiedelaine said...

Wow, that's really exciting about looking for a home. I hear you sister; I really do. I'm not there yet, because there's no question about it. I'm still a kid. I don't like that fact, but I am! And I know in a few years I'll be in your situation.

I feel mature and I feel older sometimes, I mean, I'm doing things that other kids my age aren't doing. The same goes for you! Not many 20 year olds are looking at buying homes. I think balance is so important in situations like this. It's OK to flip-flop between the two. You deserve ridiculous HSM nights and Wii playing until all hours. We're young! We can do that!

But at the same time: you are so mature beyond your years. The way I look at it: Jesus has given you both aspects of your life right now as WELL as the ability to balance your life in such a way. It'll all work out. :)

c r y s t a l said...

You're awesome, Sarah.

All I have to say. :)

OH, and I miss you!!!

grasmick said...

I'm reminded of something my boss told me once.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."

Regis said...

All I am interested to know is... when is the house warming party?

I'm Kristen said...

I MISSSSS YOOOUUU! def.

Anonymous said...

Sarah - don't take on too much. Relax. There's no hurry.
Enjoy the moment.
Be.
No matter where you are or what you are doing.
Be there.
Experience it.
Hold the moment in your heart.
See God there with you
and thank Him for it.
Remember, He is the I AM.
He is in to NOW as well.

Ginger Murray said...

We need to always make time for play...

Right now I'm almost in a regret stage that I never had the time during college to go out and do tons of fun things every weekend, because NOW I work on the weekends!
But I think once I get my business a little more settled down and figured out(does that ever happen?) I'll be able to have more play time...
When we were kids, we hardly had a care... so maybe, whenever we all have those "not a care in the world moments," that's when we think we're acting like kids. Because being a kid was fun, and if growing up means no fun, then I'll have none of that!