Friday, November 14, 2008

Down time.


Back in the spring when my schedule started getting super filled with everything for the year... I started getting really concerned that I didn't have any down time whatsoever...UNTIL...I saw November...sweet beautiful November with absolutely nothing on the agenda! I at that moment blocked out the entire month on the calendar with DO NOT BOOK. I am so sooo glad I did now! In December everything kicks back into full gear heading into the new year! Earlier last week I started putting all my biz plans together for next year and building websites..ect..and God stopped me in my tracks and was like...What are you doing?? I'm like...I'm trying to figure out next year! He then revealed to me that I haven't gotten away with Him!! That before David went and fought Goliath or Esther went before the king there was a preparation time first. They had personal victories before they had public ones! Sooo...I dropped everything and set aside the next two weeks until Thanksgiving week...as mine and God's time! To just sit, read, think, dream, pray, and prepare! Not doing any work, Facebook(yes, I'm still on...just deactivated the account for 2 weeks fo those of you worried;), blog reading, you tube or anything distracting that has been pulling my time! I started this past Tuesday and it's been one of the most incredible times ever! I'm learning sooo much, getting all rested up, and SO incredibly revved up for the next season!!! I love you all!! Take some time in the next couple weeks to just get away and get quiet...and find out what God has for you next! Especially before the holiday season! It will pay off sooo much in the future!

9 comments:

Mel said...

This is a wonderful idea and I've been feeling God push me toward something similar lately. Maybe reading your post was just the reminder that I needed! Thanks, and enjoy your free time!

jamiedelaine said...

Ooooh. Free Time. Tempting. None for me right now. Finals are in 2 weeks! See you in exactly O.N.E. month.

J.

Bekah said...

Glad you're getting some down time. Sounds nice! That's something I need to do. I've been so restless lately and God's just been telling me to get some more quiet time with him.

Cait said...

Hmm... I'm with Jamie. It's tempting. *not that I've been busy*

Unknown said...

UGH! Our month off is December ... and I can barely breathe right now! I'm READY for a vacation (and our honeymoon in Jamacia!)

Anonymous said...

good idea. have a good time relaxing! :)

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

That is a terrific idea! I'm always the one to remind my daughters(18 & 15) to date God but rarely pull time away for just me and Him, other than daily devos! So, I think I'll have to see when I can do that....SOON!

Pamela in TX

fancysarah said...

That is wonderful for you, I never got to see your comment to me on facebook so resend it if you get a chance!

Lindsay said...

*was wondering what happened with your Facebook* Haha. Although, I totally support your time off with God. That's an awesome idea. I know it will definitely refuel and refresh you to go into next year. And it's very wise of you to listen to God and seek vision from Him first before you plan for next year.