Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Creativity, entrepreneurship, and blogging.

Those are definitely some of my favorite words!
I just got an email from my uncle letting the whole family know that he was quoted in Business Week! **Click Here** for the article!
The article is all about creativity as an entrepreneur and being able "notice" the needs in the marketplace! I think that is one of the most important things to be able to do and when you have the time to sit down, think and brainstorm about different possibilities it is amazing what you can come up with! I remember doing brainstorming all the time when I was little with our family. We could never cut down an idea we just had to write it down. Because the negativity would block the creativity! The other night I had to come up with 4 concepts for a photoshoot that I have to do. I just sat down got quiet, started to think and pray and came up with about 8 really fresh new concepts for this photoshoot that I hadn't thought of before! Just from taking that time to think and not cutting down any idea but developing it! It's really alot of fun too...and I got so excited that I could hardly fall asleep! Well that same technique can be applied with coming up with new products for the marketplace that you have "noticed" a need for! So fun! I know! I'm definitely a geek in this area but I have always loved starting businesses and stuff so you'll have hang with me! LOL!
Also, I love blogging! It seriously has changed the way I run my business and it is always so much fun to hear the most randomest people come up to me and say "omg I read your blog everyday!! I know everything that is going on with you!!" lol! It's awesome! But the power of blogging is amazing too! This whole post wouldn't be up here if it wasn't for that, cause my uncle was just quoted in that article from a comment that he made on someone's blog!!!
The other day I was answering one of those questionnaire things and it asked if I could live in any time period when would it be?? Well my answer was definitely RIGHT NOW!! This is such an amazing time to live in!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That's so sweet!!! I love creativy!

Anonymous said...

dud mabee ure zo sucesful cuze i eenventid te eenterenet!

Anonymous said...

Whats a blog? does it like have something to do with tuna fish or chicken?

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you havent met me yet. but i hope we will meet soon. I am a HUGE STALKER of yours! AMAZING POST!

Natalie Joy said...

OMIGOSH SARAH! Who are all these freakos?

Sarah Barlow said...

Whoa gnarly...