Wednesday, June 20, 2007

So Blessed!!

I’m sorry I’ve gotten in the habit of being a blog slacker lately…I just added up today..I’m officially blog slacking 5 blogs! Yikes! Haha! All for a good reason though! Well anyways…this weekend was one of the funnest(I’m making that a word for this post) weekends! After shooting the wedding on Friday we got up Saturday to do a training session/photoshoot! It was my first mini-workshop training up my interns for this year which I have a total of 5!! I’m soooo excited about this!

We started out with a 3 hour overview of photography, business, marketing, slideshows, blogging, and Pictage. I realized after that why most other photographers have a couple day workshops! Everyone was pretty much trying to pack all the info in! Afterwards we headed to Oak Park in a 6 car caravan(YIKES)…now one of my favorite places to shoot, we had a couple models: my friend Sarah Chellappa, her brother Steve, my brother Andrew, and sister Natalie. They were excellent models and definitely knew how to work the camera!

We didn’t want to stop…we finally ended the night with Panera after getting kicked(by a very nice security guard) out of the parking garage we were shooting at…It was such a blast! I think I’m going to do this more often because I found out that I get more joy out of helping others start up their businesses and get into photography than even being in photography myself! Haha! Who knew!

All the photographers at the photoshoot were: My wonderful interns(minus a couple who weren't able to make it): Beth Laurren, Kristen Leigh, and Morgan Matters(Morgan is my newest one and she is AWESOME! More about her coming soon!); Bryant King(who I’m training up in photography), and Tricia Lee(A Wonderful photographer who just moved here from Atlanta and came to hang out for the day!) I am sooo incredibly blessed with all the amazing people God has put into my life! I laid in bed Saturday night just in awe of how blessed I am with these people! Enjoy the slideshow!

16 comments:

Tori said...

awesome pictures (as usual!!) sarah!! you're really tallented!! keep using it for God!!! :)

Natalie Joy said...

AHH! SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!:) :) :)
great song too:)

|| davidjay || said...

You girls are amazing - those pictures of Andrew are hot!

Andrew Barlow said...

haha thanks dj... I knew you'd like em... ;)

J said...

Looks like a fun day...cool images!

Tricia W. said...

We Had a Blast!!! It is fun to see everyone's diffent angles. I LOVE your shots. No doubt, I have to start doing slideshows. Thanks for a fun Saturday. Let's do it again soon.

SamTheMan said...

Cool stuff Sarah, looks like you guys had a blast! I am dissappointed that I couldn't join you. But, the photos of John Carter's little daughter came out great! Please keep in the loop for your next workshop as I'd love to learn from you. Plus, you need a Nikon shooter to represent. ;-)
Be blessed and keep shooting!

Sarah Renée said...

Haha, by "Andrew", David really means "the photographer girls"... LOL ;-D I mean, let's face it, you guys didn't need us to model! You could've taken pictures of each other and they'd be GORGEOUS!!

:) :) What a fun day...

Oh, and way to pick a good song! As always :)

I'm Kristen said...

SamtheMan: def. come next time! I need a fellow Nikoner around - i felt like the outcast ;D jk!

Awesome pictures Sarah, like always. How about I just let you know when they aren't awesome. since they ALWAYS are!!!!
Beautiful work!
And such incredible night. I am so blessed to have been a part of it!

Shannon said...

FABULOUS!

Rebecca said...

That looked like fun...there's some great shots too! =)

BethLaurren said...

I can't stop looking at the one of Steve in front of the phone booth with the saturation level down. It's unbelievable.

For as much as you like us - we love you ten times more! You are giving each of us an incredible gift, missy.

Anonymous said...

I hate to butt in on your blog like this but I was just wondering where I can get that Phillip Larue (You're All) song thats on your website! I can't find it anywhere! Thanks for your help!

Jasmine said...

Oookay, Sarah....you make me wanna visit Chicago! Looks like you're always have so much fun! And you're so blessed to have those interns! :)

Sarah Barlow said...

Thank you so much everyone! I really do love all my interns so much! They are wonderful!

Anonymous, I'm actually not sure were to get the Philip LaRue song becuase it's not on his website anymore:( I was so sad about that!

jamiedelaine said...

Wow. You have accomplished SO much. I'm so excited for a new year, God is going to bless you so much. Congratulations on all your accomplishments like losing 15 pounds (not an easy feat--I've been there sister!) and creating a mentoring group. You are influencing so many lives.